- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Financial services company to add 27 positions
Northwestern Mutual's office in Cape Girardeau plans to add seven financial representatives and 20 financial representative interns this year. The effort is part of a nationwide push by Northwestern Mutual to recruit more than 5,000 financial professionals in 2013, the company said in a news release.
Northwestern Mutual expects that more than half of new financial representatives will be "career changers," professionals who believe they have reached the ceiling in their current occupations and are looking for an opportunity to grow.
1307 N. Mt. Auburn, Cape Girardeau, Mo.