- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MARION, Ill. -- Ervin Felton, 82, of Marion died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2013, at Parkway Manor of Marion.
He was born Sept. 5, 1930, in Chicago to Walter Ervin and Agnes LeClair Felton. He and Mary Elizabeth "Betty" Holder were married Feb. 4, 1956. She preceded him in death March 21, 1976.
Ervin was a machinist for Alcatel-Lucent Telephone Co.
He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean conflict and Cuban Missile Crisis.
Survivors include a son, David (Kim) Felton of Pittsburg, Ill.; a daughter, Carolyn Swartos of Marion; a brother-in-law, Everett (Mary Lee) Holder of Scott City; a brother, Gordon Felton of Plainsfield, Ill.; two sisters, Gloria Meier of Dallas and Sylvia Smith of Plainsfield; four grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until time of service Thursday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at noon Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Stan Serati officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Memorial Cemetery in Scott City with full military honors.