- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Gene Seabaugh, 84, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Patton, Mo., passed away Saturday, Jan. 19, 2013, at the home of his daughters, Janet and Patsy Seabaugh.
He was born May 7, 1928, in Bollinger County, son of Columbus and Esther Mayfield Seabaugh. He and Juanita Long were married April 10, 1957. She passed away Oct. 11, 1995.
Gene served in the United States Air Force and was honorably discharged in September 1949.
He was a truck driver more than 50 years. Gene liked Western movies, and especially enjoyed the companionship of his cat, Rusty.
A private family committal service was Tuesday at Pulliam Cemetery near Scopus, Mo.
McCombs Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau was in charge of arrangements.