- Updated: Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)4
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Trout harvest begins Feb. 1 at Rotary Lake
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Anglers get ready! Trout may be harvested from Rotary Lake in Jackson beginning February 1.
According to Fisheries Management Biologist, Mike Reed, of the Missouri Department of Conservation, fishing has been good all winter. Recent rains have left the lake murky but clarity should improve over the next week.
Reed reminds anglers that they must release trout caught now through January 31.
Additionally, Reed said anglers age 16-64 must have a valid MO fishing permit to fish for trout. In addition, anyone harvesting trout must have a trout permit. The limit is four trout and any lure or bait is allowed.
Questions may be directed to the MDC's Southeast Regional Office, 573-290-5730.