- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)5
Trout harvest begins Feb. 1 at Rotary Lake
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Anglers get ready! Trout may be harvested from Rotary Lake in Jackson beginning February 1.
According to Fisheries Management Biologist, Mike Reed, of the Missouri Department of Conservation, fishing has been good all winter. Recent rains have left the lake murky but clarity should improve over the next week.
Reed reminds anglers that they must release trout caught now through January 31.
Additionally, Reed said anglers age 16-64 must have a valid MO fishing permit to fish for trout. In addition, anyone harvesting trout must have a trout permit. The limit is four trout and any lure or bait is allowed.
Questions may be directed to the MDC's Southeast Regional Office, 573-290-5730.