- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Trout harvest begins Feb. 1 at Rotary Lake
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Anglers get ready! Trout may be harvested from Rotary Lake in Jackson beginning February 1.
According to Fisheries Management Biologist, Mike Reed, of the Missouri Department of Conservation, fishing has been good all winter. Recent rains have left the lake murky but clarity should improve over the next week.
Reed reminds anglers that they must release trout caught now through January 31.
Additionally, Reed said anglers age 16-64 must have a valid MO fishing permit to fish for trout. In addition, anyone harvesting trout must have a trout permit. The limit is four trout and any lure or bait is allowed.
Questions may be directed to the MDC's Southeast Regional Office, 573-290-5730.