- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Janet Koenig creates painted quilts to add flair to local barns (10/13/17)
MediCenter Pharmacy expands to Cape Girardeau
The health and wellbeing of Cape Girardeau is about to improve. MediCenter Pharmacy will celebrate its grand opening at 465 South Mt. Auburn Rd., Suite 101, next to Doctors Express in Cape Girardeau, on Monday, Jan. 28, 2013.
The grand opening celebration will kickoff with a ribbon cutting at 10 a.m. on Monday, and continue with a week-long celebration featuring free blood pressure screenings, a blood drive with the American Red Cross, special promotions, giveaways and more, through Friday, Feb. 1. A grand prize drawing, to be held on Feb. 1, includes a 3-night stay in Gatlinburg, Tenn., in 4-star accommodations.
MediCenter is an independently owned pharmacy with an existing location at 200 W. Washington in Jackson. The expansion to Cape Girardeau will benefit existing Jackson patients as well as bring the pharmacy's wide-ranging service lines and focus on customer care to new patients who live and work in Cape Girardeau.
"MediCenter fills a unique niche in the pharmacy market," says Jennifer Parker McCoy, Pharm. D., owner/compounding pharmacist with MediCenter. "We have the comprehensive range of specialized services of big chain pharmacies, with the intense focus on customer service that you find at corner drug stores. We're the best of both worlds -- big enough to meet your needs, small enough to know your name."
MediCenter's wide variety of services include compounding, a convenient drive-thru, diabetic supplies, $4 generics, free vitamin program, MediKids Club Children's Wellness Program with free liquid antibiotics, extended evening hours, delivery service and a 15-minute pickup guarantee.
The opening of MediCenter's second location in Cape Girardeau County is the culmination of a life-long dream for McCoy, whose grandfather owned pharmacies in Dexter, Mo. and Sikeston, Mo. "My childhood experiences at my grandfather's pharmacy are what inspired me to pursue a career as a pharmacist," she says. "I saw the profound impact a pharmacist can truly have on the lives of patients, when the right level of caring and concern is present, and I felt a calling to carry on that legacy of personalized, compassionate service."
"We are proud and excited about the opportunity to expand into Cape Girardeau," says McCoy. "We want patients to understand that great customer service isn't more expensive, and that it certainly doesn't come at the cost of convenience. That's what MediCenter is all about -- customer service and convenience."
Log on to www.medicenterpharmacy.com to learn more about MediCenter's locations in Cape Girardeau and Jackson.