- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)21
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
No commission, council meetings today
The Cape Girardeau County Commission and Cape Girardeau City Council will not meet today in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
The Cape Girardeau County Commission will hold a special meeting at 10 a.m. Tuesday. The commission will discuss a use tax, which is a tax on vehicles and certain other items bought out-of-state but used by a county resident.
The Cape Girardeau city offices are closed today and the city council will meet at 5 p.m. Tuesday at city hall. A study session to review the capital improvement program is scheduled for 5:15 p.m. Thursday at the Osage Centre.
1 Barton Square, Jackson, Mo.
401 Independence St., Cape Girardeau, Mo.
1625 N. Kingshighway, Cape Girardeau, Mo.