- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
88-year-old injured in one-car wreck near New Wells
An 88-year-old Altenburg, Mo., woman suffered moderate injuries Sunday when the car she was driving ran off the road and into a ditch.
Verna M. Harbison was taken to Saint Francis Medical Center after the 11 a.m. accident on Route C about a half-mile from New Wells, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol's preliminary crash report.
Harbison was wearing her seat belt at the time of the accident, the patrol said. Damage to her 1999 Buick LaSabre was extensive, the patrol said.
New Wells, Mo.