- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade to be marked Saturday with prayer event
Opponents of Roe v. Wade, the landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision that legalized abortions in 1973, will mark the 40th anniversary of the high court's ruling Saturday with a "Stand Up for Life" prayer event in Cape Girardeau.
The event will be from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. at the intersection of Independence Street and Kingshighway, according to promotional materials. The literature says the group will encourage people to "stand up and pray" for "unborn babies" and the "women and men who have suffered emotionally and even physically since they made that choice."
Signs touting the message will be made available, organizers said. They ask attendees to park in back of the adjacent building.
Independence Street and Kingshighway, Cape Girardeau, Mo.