- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
Speak Out 1/21/13
Thanks to the U.S. House of Representatives for finally voting in favor of the much needed relief for Hurricane Sandy victims, even though the bill was opposed by a majority of House Republicans.
I'm sick and tired of reading all the complaints on the leaf pickup. Get over it already. Try mulching them with your lawn mower. Take responsibility for your own property.
Jackson schools did not plan very well when it comes to traffic after school. For instance, Independence Road by the middle school becomes a virtual parking lot. It also doesn't help that some through traffic gets so impatient that they use the left-turn lane to pass and then cut back into the correct lane. I guess it will take a child getting hit for things to change. I hope not.
Speak Out comments
Anti-Obama Speak Out comments are so antiquated that if they are in any way representative of Republican Party thinking, then I fear the party of Lincoln is doomed to go the way of the Whig Party.