- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)5
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)2
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
Speak Out 1/21/13
Thanks to the U.S. House of Representatives for finally voting in favor of the much needed relief for Hurricane Sandy victims, even though the bill was opposed by a majority of House Republicans.
I'm sick and tired of reading all the complaints on the leaf pickup. Get over it already. Try mulching them with your lawn mower. Take responsibility for your own property.
Jackson schools did not plan very well when it comes to traffic after school. For instance, Independence Road by the middle school becomes a virtual parking lot. It also doesn't help that some through traffic gets so impatient that they use the left-turn lane to pass and then cut back into the correct lane. I guess it will take a child getting hit for things to change. I hope not.
Speak Out comments
Anti-Obama Speak Out comments are so antiquated that if they are in any way representative of Republican Party thinking, then I fear the party of Lincoln is doomed to go the way of the Whig Party.