- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)11
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)9
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)11
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)22
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
Speak Out 1/21/13
Thanks to the U.S. House of Representatives for finally voting in favor of the much needed relief for Hurricane Sandy victims, even though the bill was opposed by a majority of House Republicans.
I'm sick and tired of reading all the complaints on the leaf pickup. Get over it already. Try mulching them with your lawn mower. Take responsibility for your own property.
Jackson schools did not plan very well when it comes to traffic after school. For instance, Independence Road by the middle school becomes a virtual parking lot. It also doesn't help that some through traffic gets so impatient that they use the left-turn lane to pass and then cut back into the correct lane. I guess it will take a child getting hit for things to change. I hope not.
Speak Out comments
Anti-Obama Speak Out comments are so antiquated that if they are in any way representative of Republican Party thinking, then I fear the party of Lincoln is doomed to go the way of the Whig Party.