- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Arthur Ray "Bud" Waterman, 76, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Jan. 19, 2013, at Southeast Hospital.
He was born March 13, 1936, at McClure, Ill., to Albert Ray and Gladys Winchester Waterman.
He and Shirley Boren were married Aug. 11, 1957, in Cape Girardeau.
He was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church and its Open Door Sunday school class. He grew up in McClure. He was a member of Elks Lodge, TPA and Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 562. Bud was a lifetime resident of McClure and Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his wife, Shirley Waterman of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Jennifer (Darrin) Reimann of Columbia, Mo., and Janet (Melvin) Cox of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, LaVerne Mosby of Tuscon, Ariz., and Delaine Sietz of Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas; three grandchildren, Ashley, Brittany and Rachel; and two great-grandchildren, Brandon and Abigail.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. An Elks service will be conducted at 7 p.m.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to Centenary United Methodist Church or a charity of choice.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.