- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Speak Out 1/20/13
Money for Syria
We're trying to balance the budget, and I see where the Syrian refugees are getting $1.5 billion. Where is that money coming from? We need that money over here to balance the budget. I wonder where they are going to get that kind of money because we are in debt.
I was calling to praise the man who stands outside Blanchard school to protect his children. I don't think there is enough safety in the Cape Girardeau Public school system. They don't seem to take it to the measures needed. They are more worried about uniform codes. I think the school board needs to get on with more protecting children in schools than the dress code.
You don't have to hurt someone to correct their behavior. You can do it in a nice way.
If you have an attorney who you think is doing wrong, don't hesitate to call the bar association to turn them in.
I just watched Obama's news conference. He said he was going to cut spending, balance the budget, lower taxes to the middle class, reform the IRS and close loopholes. Sounds like a Republican to me. But we all know he's lying. He wants to drive this country into bankruptcy.
Erin Ragan is the epitome of excellence in journalism. As proof of this, one need look no further than to read a Speak Out comment critical of her from perhaps a washed-up pol or one of his sycophants.
Beck going Galt
Are you kidding me? Right-wing rabble-rouser Glenn Beck recently announced that he wanted to "go Galt" and create a self-sustaining community, inspired by the philosophy of Ayn Rand's character John Galt from "Atlas Shrugged." And this is who the Republicans have been listening to all these years.