- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Speak Out 1/20/13
Money for Syria
We're trying to balance the budget, and I see where the Syrian refugees are getting $1.5 billion. Where is that money coming from? We need that money over here to balance the budget. I wonder where they are going to get that kind of money because we are in debt.
I was calling to praise the man who stands outside Blanchard school to protect his children. I don't think there is enough safety in the Cape Girardeau Public school system. They don't seem to take it to the measures needed. They are more worried about uniform codes. I think the school board needs to get on with more protecting children in schools than the dress code.
You don't have to hurt someone to correct their behavior. You can do it in a nice way.
If you have an attorney who you think is doing wrong, don't hesitate to call the bar association to turn them in.
I just watched Obama's news conference. He said he was going to cut spending, balance the budget, lower taxes to the middle class, reform the IRS and close loopholes. Sounds like a Republican to me. But we all know he's lying. He wants to drive this country into bankruptcy.
Erin Ragan is the epitome of excellence in journalism. As proof of this, one need look no further than to read a Speak Out comment critical of her from perhaps a washed-up pol or one of his sycophants.
Beck going Galt
Are you kidding me? Right-wing rabble-rouser Glenn Beck recently announced that he wanted to "go Galt" and create a self-sustaining community, inspired by the philosophy of Ayn Rand's character John Galt from "Atlas Shrugged." And this is who the Republicans have been listening to all these years.