- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Helen Ruch, 91, of Jackson passed away Monday, Jan. 14, 2013, at Jackson Manor.
She was born June 4, 1921, near Oak Ridge, daughter of John Ellis and Cora Belle Hoffman Grebe. She and Ludolf H. "Rudy" Ruch were married Nov. 16, 1942. He passed away Jan. 17, 2005.
Helen was a graduate of Oak Ridge High School. She resided in Jackson the past 30 years.
Loving survivors include a son, Larry Ruch of Sedgewickville, Mo.; two daughters, Judith Ann (Charles) Reinecke of Jackson, Carole (Jackie) Stone of Oak Ridge; six grandchildren, Tamy (Jamie) Jung, Ricky Stone, Randy Stone, David (Sarah) Reinecke, Eric (Lisa) Ruch, Katrina (Brandon) Ruch; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by an infant granddaughter.
A private graveside service was held Friday at Goshen Cemetery, with the Rev. Mike Huffman officiating.
McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson was in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be made to Goshen Cemetery.