- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Sean Lee Brown, 42, of Cape Girardeau passed away Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013, at Southeast Hospital.
He was born May 22, 1970, in St. Louis, to James Lee and Barbara Duke Brown.
Sean was a cook for Drury Lodge, Cracker Barrel, and several popular downtown restaurants. He was an avid bibliophile, loved music, nature, making people feel better with random acts of kindness, and he was a proud and confirmed Luddite.
He is survived by his mother, Barbara Brown of Naperville, Ill.; wife, Joy Rubi-Brown of Cape Girardeau; an aunt, Linda Walzak of Wheaton, Ill.; cousins, Terry (partner Trevor) Walzak, Troy (Nancy) Walzak, Todd (Tricia) Walzak, all of Illinois, Tracy (Jerry) Gleisner of North Carolina; furry babies, Tessa, Tiberius; kitties, Gilda, Sophia, Mickey and Wilbur.
He was preceded in death by his father.
A celebration of life memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. Sunday at Rose Bed Inn's Aartful Rose Conference Center, 633 South Sprigg St., Cape Girardeau.
The family requests that you bring your favorite dish and or memory to share.
Memorial contributions may be sent to Ford and Sons Funeral Home to help defray funeral expenses.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.