- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Heischmidt - Fischer
Ken and Cindy Heischmidt of Cape Girardeau announce the engagement of their daughter, Brooke Heischmidt, to John Fischer of Manitou Springs, Colo. He is the son of Ed and Jeannie Fischer of Custer, S.D.
Heischmidt is completing a master of health science with emphasis in speech-language pathology from the University of Missouri.
Fischer received a bachelor's degree in music education from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He teaches at-risk students in Colorado Springs, Colo.
A July 13, 2013, wedding is planned in Colorado Springs.