- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Dirnberger - Horan
Rita Jo Dirnberger and Christopher Michael Horan were married Sept. 8, 2012, at St. Mary's Cathedral. The Rev. Patrick Nwokoye performed the ceremony. Music was by Adam and Heather Bitter of Chesterfield, Mo. Harpist was Teresa Walker of Fruitland.
The bride is the daughter of Steve and Charlotte Dirnberger of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Mike and Paula Horan of Fenton, Mo., and Dave and Michelle Sillanpa of Indianapolis, Ind.
Maids of honor were Alison Martin of Cape Girardeau and Amanda Dirnberger of St. Louis, cousin of the bride. Bridesmaids were Audrey and Mary Dirnberger of Cape Girardeau, sisters of the bride; Courtney and Kelsey Horan of Fenton, sisters of the groom; and Lauren Mehner of Denver, Colo.
Justin Miller of St. Louis was best man. Groomsmen were Abraham and Sam Dirnberger of Cape Girardeau, brothers of the bride; Ian Blackwell of Washington, D.C., Kevin Walk of St. Louis, Bill Camarra of New York, N.Y., and Jerome Lecyk of Crown Point, Ind. Ushers were Christopher, Tyler and Nick Dirnberger of St. Louis, cousins of the bride; and Jeff Wuch of St. Louis.
Flower girl and ringbearer were Ella and Brody Stone, children of Bryan and Erin Stone of St. Louis and cousins of the groom.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Bavarian Halle in Jackson.
The rehearsal dinner was held Sept. 7 at Bella Italia.
Mrs. Horan received a bachelor of science degree in business accounting from Southeast Missouri State University, and a master's degree in HR development from Webster University. She is an organizational development specialist at The Boeing Co. in Charleston, S.C.
The groom received a bachelor of science degree in informatics from Indiana University, and a master's degree in information technology security from Boston University. He is employed in software development for information technology finance systems at Boeing.
After a wedding trip to San Jose del Cabo, Mexico, the couple is residing in Charleston.