- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Woman brought in on warrant charged with running from police
A woman is in the Cape Girardeau County Jail facing attempted escape charges after police said she ran while being brought in on a warrant.
Cape Girardeau Police Department spokesman Darin Hickey said Rosie L. Jackson, 33, is charged with attempted escape from confinement, a felony.
Jackson was brought in on a Cape Girardeau warrant about 3:20 p.m. Thursday, and started to run across the back parking lot at the police station as an officer was trying to take her into the building, Hickey said.
While running, Jackson slipped a wrist from her handcuffs and ran into a parking lot across Merriweather Street from the station before police caught up to her, Hickey said. Jackson was being held Friday on a $5,000 cash-only bond.
40 S. Sprigg St., Cape Girardeau, MO