- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Woman brought in on warrant charged with running from police
A woman is in the Cape Girardeau County Jail facing attempted escape charges after police said she ran while being brought in on a warrant.
Cape Girardeau Police Department spokesman Darin Hickey said Rosie L. Jackson, 33, is charged with attempted escape from confinement, a felony.
Jackson was brought in on a Cape Girardeau warrant about 3:20 p.m. Thursday, and started to run across the back parking lot at the police station as an officer was trying to take her into the building, Hickey said.
While running, Jackson slipped a wrist from her handcuffs and ran into a parking lot across Merriweather Street from the station before police caught up to her, Hickey said. Jackson was being held Friday on a $5,000 cash-only bond.
40 S. Sprigg St., Cape Girardeau, MO