- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Woman brought in on warrant charged with running from police
A woman is in the Cape Girardeau County Jail facing attempted escape charges after police said she ran while being brought in on a warrant.
Cape Girardeau Police Department spokesman Darin Hickey said Rosie L. Jackson, 33, is charged with attempted escape from confinement, a felony.
Jackson was brought in on a Cape Girardeau warrant about 3:20 p.m. Thursday, and started to run across the back parking lot at the police station as an officer was trying to take her into the building, Hickey said.
While running, Jackson slipped a wrist from her handcuffs and ran into a parking lot across Merriweather Street from the station before police caught up to her, Hickey said. Jackson was being held Friday on a $5,000 cash-only bond.
40 S. Sprigg St., Cape Girardeau, MO