- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Obama inauguration playlist: Beyonce, Wonder, fun.
NEW YORK (AP) -- President Barack Obama is preparing for all the musicians set to perform at his inauguration festivities by releasing an official playlist.
He released the 16-track playlist, which also includes music by some of his favorite artists, through the digital music service Spotify on Thursday. The list includes jams by Stevie Wonder, Beyonce, Usher and fun. They will all perform at different inaugural events, which start Saturday in Washington, D.C.
Obama's list also includes John Legend's "Ordinary People," "Firework" by Katy Perry, James Taylor's "Your Smiling Face" and the "Glee" cast version of Lady Gaga's "The Edge of Glory."
Other artists include Marc Anthony, Alicia Keys, Brad Paisley, Far East Movement, Kelly Clarkson, Nick Cannon and Mindless Behavior.
Inauguration Day is Monday.