- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Wanda Lee Burton, 78, of Chaffee passed away Thursday, Jan. 17, 2013, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Aug. 19, 1934, in Frostburg, Md., to Carl and Hazel Lashbaugh Folk. She and Junior Lee Burton were married July 16, 1953. He preceded her in death May 16, 1992.
Wanda worked at the hat factory in Oran, Mo., before retiring as a machine operator at Columbia Sportswear in Chaffee.
Survivors include three sons, Joey, Junior Lee and Chris (Sherri) Burton, all of Chaffee; two daughters, Shelby Jean Sullivan of Matthews, Mo., and Susan (David) Slinkard of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Jack and William Folk of Frostburg; a sister, Carol Bauman of Frostburg; 12 grandchildren; and 18 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and a granddaughter.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. until time of service Saturday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Glenn A. Rogers officiating. Burial will be in Matthews City Cemetery in Matthews.