- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Lawyer: Surgeons left behind 16 items
BERLIN -- A lawyer in Germany claims surgeons left up to 16 objects in her client's body after an operation for prostate cancer.
Annette Corinth said doctors removed a needle, compresses and surgical strips from banker Helmut Brecht after his wounds failed to heal properly following surgery in 2009.
The 77-year-old ex-banker died last year and his family is seeking $106,216 damages for his suffering, plus costs, from the Henriettenstift hospital in Hannover.
The organization that runs the hospital said some of the objects were not in use at the time of the surgery.