- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
More downtown Cape Girardeau crosswalks being upgraded
Work began Wednesday on a project to replace eight additional crosswalks in downtown Cape Girardeau with red-colored concrete.
Crosswalks at the intersections of Spanish and Independence streets and Main and Independence streets have been added to the list of nine crosswalks being constructed. The project should last about six weeks, weather permitting.
The intersections will be open to at least one lane of traffic while work is underway. Signs will direct traffic around the construction area, and motorists are asked to use caution.
Downtown businesses are open during the construction. Parking is available both on-street and in lots next to Broadway and Spanish, Water and Main streets. Signs will be placed around the work zones noting that businesses are open and parking is available.
For more information, contact the city of Cape Girardeau's Development Services Division at 339-6327 or visit cityofcape.org/development.
Spanish Street and Independence Street, Cape Girardeau, MO
Independence Street and Main Street, Cape Girardeau, MO