- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)16
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)14
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Speak Out 1/17/13
A local treasure
Cape Girardeau's Parks and Recreation Department is a local treasure. It has been mentioned numerous times in Speak Out and other Southeast Missourian articles, always in a well-deserved, positive light. Cape Girardeau is so fortunate to have such a dedicated, hard working and committed group of management staff and employees. Two who recently deserve a special shout out include Lindsey Wehmeyer and Tyler Propst.
The Republican party is gambling that the average voter does not understand that raising the debt ceiling means allowing for the payment of bills already owed as a result of laws passed by Congress and signed by the president. The party may be in for yet another rude awakening.
If the counting of deer in Cape city limits leads to allowing deer hunting, will the hunting be canceled as the deer count goes down? Will the deer be recounted year to year to confirm hunting in the city is needed? What will be the rules to hunting?
"Fast And Furious" put 2,000 guns into the hands of bad guys. It was estimated that 200 innocent people died as a result of this operation. Now, because of the school shootings, this same government wants to punish law abiding citizens with more "gun control" instead of going after bad guys.