- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Great Race car rally to stop June 25 in Cape
The Great Race, a classic-car rally, will stop in June in Cape Girardeau.
More than 100 classic cars are expected to arrive after 5 p.m. June 25 on Main Street at one-minute intervals over an hour and a half. The cars will be parked for several hours to allow spectators to visit with the participants and to look at the cars.
According to the Great Race website, it is a "competitive controlled-speed endurance road rally" that does not test a car's speed, but the driver/navigator team's ability to follow exact "course instructions that indicate every turn, speed change, stop, and start that the team must make throughout the day." This year's rally takes place from June 22 through 30 from St. Paul, Minn., to Mobile, Ala.
The Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau, Old Town Cape, River City Rodders and the Capaha Antique Car Club organized the stop. For more information, visit www.greatrace.com.
Main Street, Cape Girardeau, Mo.