- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)9
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)57
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- City wants to put hold on shipping container houses for now (4/17/17)1
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Cynthia Paul is new Human Resource Coordinator
Cynthia Paul has been named Human Resource Coordinator at Cape Girardeau Public Schools. She holds two Bachelor Degrees--one from Southeast Missouri State University in Human Environmental Studies, and a second one in Human Resource Management from University of Phoenix. She also holds a Master's Degree in Business Administration and Human Resource Management from University of Phoenix.
Ms. Paul has a total of 26 years of HR experience. She was previously employed as HR Coordinator at Southern California Water Company in San Dimas, CA, and more recently, as HR Coordinator at Southeast Missouri State University. She is the mother of two children; one is serving in the U.S. Air Force and another is employed at National Asset Recovery Services in Cape Girardeau. She has three grandchildren. Ms. Paul enjoys performing community service and is a 4-H leader.
"I am excited to be joining Cape Girardeau Public Schools," she said. "My main job will be to match the right individuals with those positions to ensure students are getting the best education possible."
Superintendent of Cape Girardeau Public Schools Dr. Jim Welker said, "We are pleased to welcome a person of Ms. Paul's caliber and experience to our management team. Our district will benefit from her expertise and knowledge."