- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
United Way, Red Cross plan service days to mark MLK holiday
In honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, the United Way of Southeast Missouri and the American Red Cross will participate in a day of service.
United Way AmeriCorps volunteers will serve Capetown Assisted Living Facility residents Friday by cleaning windows and homes. For more information, contact 334-9634.
Red Cross volunteers will go door-to-door Monday to inform people about fire safety, prevention and escape. Volunteers will leave safety-tip door hangers with information in English and Spanish about cooking and heating tips, smoke alarms and the importance of creating an escape plan. For more information, contact email@example.com.