- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape Girardeau County health center gets flu vaccine shipment
During what has been a strong flu season in Missouri and the nation, the Cape Girardeau County Public Health Center announced Wednesday it has an adequate amount of vaccine available.
"We've received about 650 vaccines from the manufacturer," said Jennifer Volkerding, assistant director of the public health center. "They are available in children's and adult dosages, and we think those may hold us for a while."
For the last few days, the public health center has had no vaccines available.
"We've given nearly 5,000 vaccines since Oct. 1, the beginning of our 2012-2013 flu season," Volkerding said. "And our supplies have been limited because the manufacturer's supplies have been limited. It's been a tough flu season."
Vaccines at the health center are $20, except for those currently enrolled in Medicaid or Medicare. For more information, call 335-7846.
1121 Linden St., Cape Girardeau, Mo.