- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)21
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Lorene Helen Floyd, 94, of Jackson, formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Monday, Jan. 14, 2013, at Monticello House.
She was born April 23, 1918, in Patterson, Mo., to Haskel H. and Mary Loraine Welch Tinker. She graduated from Patterson High School. Lorene and Wilbur "Wimpy" Floyd were married Aug. 20, 1938, in Jackson. He died July 2, 2005.
Mrs. Floyd worked at Superior Electric for 15 years. She was a member of VFW Post 3838 Auxiliary and she enjoyed playing bridge. She attended Mount Auburn Christian Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include a son, Jack Edward (Brenda) Floyd of Jackson; a daughter, Mary L. (Charles Jr.) Schlegel of Tempe, Ariz.; nine grandchildren, Jack Floyd Jr., David Floyd, Joy Floyd, Rebecca Dieterman, Victoria Henderson, Mary Frances Scott, Michael Lee Floyd Jr., Trevor Floyd and Travis Floyd; 18 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a son, Michael Lee Floyd; a brother; and a great-grandson.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until service time Thursday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Don Estes officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be given to Crown Hospice, 2858 Professional Court, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.