- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
A packed crowd gathered Friday evening at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson for the Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce banquet.
The annual dinner provides a good opportunity to visit with business leaders and others who help make Jackson a thriving community. Additionally, it's nice to recognize those receiving awards.
Chamber award winners were:
* R.A. Fulenwider Meritorious Community Service Award: Jackson Mayor Barbara Lohr.
* Industry of the Year: Associated Sheet Metal of Jackson. Owners Brian Sievers and Boyd Sievers and owner and founder Don Sievers accepted the award.
* Business of the Year: McDonald's. Cheryl Farrow, area supervisor for the restaurant chain, spoke about the business' community involvement.
* Small Business of the Year: Strickland Engineering of Jackson. Owners Mark Strickland and Brian Strickland and owner and founder Tom Strickland accepted the award.
* Ambassador of the Year: Kevin Schaper, account executive for Withers Broadcasting and community volunteer.
* Volunteer Committee of the Year: Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce Agriculture Committee. Darrell Aufdenburg, David Wells, Roger Eakins, Dean Sawyer and George Kirchendorfer were the committee members recognized.
Congratulations to all the award recipients.