- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
A packed crowd gathered Friday evening at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson for the Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce banquet.
The annual dinner provides a good opportunity to visit with business leaders and others who help make Jackson a thriving community. Additionally, it's nice to recognize those receiving awards.
Chamber award winners were:
* R.A. Fulenwider Meritorious Community Service Award: Jackson Mayor Barbara Lohr.
* Industry of the Year: Associated Sheet Metal of Jackson. Owners Brian Sievers and Boyd Sievers and owner and founder Don Sievers accepted the award.
* Business of the Year: McDonald's. Cheryl Farrow, area supervisor for the restaurant chain, spoke about the business' community involvement.
* Small Business of the Year: Strickland Engineering of Jackson. Owners Mark Strickland and Brian Strickland and owner and founder Tom Strickland accepted the award.
* Ambassador of the Year: Kevin Schaper, account executive for Withers Broadcasting and community volunteer.
* Volunteer Committee of the Year: Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce Agriculture Committee. Darrell Aufdenburg, David Wells, Roger Eakins, Dean Sawyer and George Kirchendorfer were the committee members recognized.
Congratulations to all the award recipients.