- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Speak out 1/15/13
We recently drove through the Cape Girardeau County Park lights tour and enjoyed the Christmas lights and displays. It was awesome, gets better every year. God bless everyone who put something up.
I am 85. Many years ago in high school in St. Louis we had football players at every door and called them monitors. You would not go in or out without clearance. That was all day at school, and I felt safe.
Shootings are the results of a society that teaches anything is OK and we no longer believe in right and wrong. Liberals never let a crisis go to waste. Therefore, ban the guns and let the shooters have defenseless victims. We have to be able to defend ourselves. Socialism destroys morals, ethics and the financial foundation of a society and then it becomes a police state. Either we stand for freedom or we will lose it.
Are we still thinking violent video games and movies don't affect our children in a negative way? Think again.
Once again, the far right is out of touch with the American people and their rapidly evolving views in favor of some sensible gun control legislation, such as universal background checks. People like Rush Limbaugh are fast tracking the crack-up of the Republican Party, probably intentionally.
The Southeast Missourian's bias is often very clear, but some reporters really need to remember that they are reporters, not editorialists. Erin Ragan frequently lets her bias show. Perhaps she thinks she's being cute or she's trying to write an attention-grabbing opening, but she continually takes cheap shots or makes little digs. Her latest target is a man I didn't vote for, but her opening lines were ridiculous: "Did you think he was done? It's politics, so Jason Crowell can't just sit on the sidelines. Only a few hours had passed ..." Ragan needs to learn at least some modicum of professionalism.
I just got my first paycheck of the new year. Thank you, Mr. Obama, for your lies that there would be no tax increase for the middle class. I am very middle class, and let me tell you, we have been socked with an increase. You may say, oh, you won't ever miss that. Well, yes, I will, because everything else has gone through the roof since he got in, including gas, which has doubled. And health care has exploded.