- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)5
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Third Tuesday Tea Time
PRESS RELEASE / CAPE COUNTY TEA PARTY
THIRD TUESDAY TEA TIME
On January 15th, 2013 at 6:30pm, the Cape County Tea Party (CCTP) will hold its open monthly meeting at the Cape Girardeau Public Library. The meeting is called the Third Tuesday Tea Time and is held on the Third Tuesday of each month to continue the work to complete our Mission as stated below.
Self-Governance / Civic Authority:
We had a Christmas Party in December but...
At our last regular monthly meeting in November, we planned to talk about Nullification as a tool to stop the unconstitutional overreach of the Federal Government especially under the leviathan Affordable Care Act (or ObamaCare). What we got was so much more!
Our speaker, Mark Herr, of the Tennessee Center for Self Government (TNCSG), provided excellent information and examples for a program his team has assembled to successfully direct various government entities in a positive direction with a focus on self-governance and civic authority. A very small group of patriots in Tennessee is having a very big impact. 15+ members of the Cape County Tea Party have begun training to become certified in advancing Self-Governance and Civic Authority.
What are Self-Governance and Civic Authority? That's the tease. Come to our Third Tuesday Tea Time meeting and get more information about the program and how we will be using it to advance liberty. We hope you will join us in this exciting program to advance the cause of Fiscal Responsibility, Founding Principles and Constitutionally Limited Government.
We will spend about ˝ the meeting presenting more information on TNCSG program.
Guiding Our Representatives:
The MO Legislature was sworn in on Wednesday in Jefferson City and will start debating the bills that have been pre-filed as well as those that come up during session. Are you interested in guiding their votes?
For the last ˝ of our meeting, we will split up into groups, review the legislation that has been filed by our local representatives (as well as other high profile legislation), and quickly try to come up with thoughts and suggestions for their actions / votes in the House and Senate.
Does the bill increase government or reduce government? Does it increase liberty or reduce freedom?
We hope such an activity will encourage some lively debate.
Time permitting, we will brainstorm on legislative ideas that we could forward to our representatives for consideration.
The goals of each meeting are to:
- Disseminate topical information that affects CCTP members and the community at large (typically a speaker)
- Engage the attendees in a form of activism to work toward the completion of our mission
- Increase the membership of the CCTP
Everyone is invited regardless of party or ideology! We hope you will attend! Expect homework!
For more information, see the TTTT link on our website:
|- Brian Bollmannemail@example.com|
|- Jan Farrarfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|- Jeannie Hinckemail@example.com|
Our mission is to attract, educate, organize and mobilize fellow citizens to secure Public Policy consistent with Fiscal Responsibility, Founding Principles and Constitutionally Limited Government under God.