- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Bowers expected to miss at least next 2 games
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Missouri forward Laurence Bowers has a sprained MCL in his right knee and is expected to miss at least two games.
An MRI confirmed the extent of the injury, which occurred Tuesday night during a collision under the basket with teammate Phil Pressey. The school said Wednesday the MRI revealed no damage to the ACL or bone.
Bowers missed all last season with a torn ligament in his left knee and wears a brace on that leg.
Bowers, who leads the 10th-ranked Tigers with a 17-point average and is second with seven rebounds per game, will miss games against Mississippi on Saturday and Georgia on Jan. 16.
-- From wire reports