- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Out of the past 1/10/13
Dr. Erwin J. Kolb of St. Louis is guest speaker for a mission festival at Immanuel Lutheran Church at Jackson; he also addresses the Adult Bible Class.
The passenger count from the Cape Girardeau Municipal Airport declined during the final quarter of 1987, but still finished the year with record totals; passenger totals for 1987 were 15.5 percent higher than the previous record total of 24,292 in 1986.
Cape Girardeau's urban street system, as it might appear in 1980, has been charted by the State Highway Commission; the proposal calls for one-way traffic on part of Broadway, a number of four-lane thoroughfares and some new highway construction within the city limits.
It is learned that a final reservation of $3,000,000 for construction of three multi-story residence units on the State College campus was made Dec. 31 by the Federal Housing and World Finance Agency; plans provide for construction of the buildings in the Home of the Birds.
Anita Ellen Stanfill, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. C.H. Stanfill of Charleston, Mo., has been selected from a great number of applicants to become an air stewardess on a Skysleeper plane of American Airlines; she will live in Memphis and fly between that city and Newark, N.J.
A request for an appropriation of $2,400 for expense of the farm extension and home demonstration service in Cape Girardeau County is submitted to the county court by farm agent E.T. Mallinckrodt and representatives of the various women's homemakers clubs.
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- The Frisco Railroad has established 15 or 16 experimental stations throughout the country to promote new and improved methods in agriculture; one of those experimental farms has been located at Chaffee; it is managed by J.A. Wylie.
The icy weather continues to cause problems in Jackson; traffic is nearly stopped on streets and roads, delaying those coming in for court; linemen have almost given up hope of getting the telephone and wires working again, so the city is still in darkness and gloom.
-- Sharon K. Sanders