- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Southeast Missouri State's Hunter named OVC women's basketball player of the week
Southeast Missouri State point guard Jordan Hunter cleaned up in the Ohio Valley Conference's weekly women's basketball awards announced Tuesday.
Hunter was named the OVC player of the week as well as the league's newcomer of the week.
The junior college transfer averaged 20 points, 6.5 rebounds, five assists and two steals per game, helping lead Southeast to a pair of OVC home wins.
Hunter scored a career-high 21 points -- 16 in the second half -- dished out six assists, grabbed five rebounds, recorded two steals and blocked a shot during Saturday's 71-57 victory over Austin Peay.
Hunter then had 19 points, a career-high eight rebounds, four assists and two steals in Monday's 70-58 win over Murray State.
The New Zealand native shot 48.3 percent from the field in the two games while hitting 5 of 10 3-pointers. She also made all seven of her free throws.
Hunter is the first Southeast women's basketball player to earn OVC player of the week accolades since Sonya Daugherty took the award during the 2008-09 season.
Hunter is tied with senior guard Bailie Roberts for the team scoring lead at 10.7 points per game. Hunter leads the Redhawks with 57 assists and 23 steals.
-- From staff report