- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
Southeast Missouri State's Hunter named OVC women's basketball player of the week
Southeast Missouri State point guard Jordan Hunter cleaned up in the Ohio Valley Conference's weekly women's basketball awards announced Tuesday.
Hunter was named the OVC player of the week as well as the league's newcomer of the week.
The junior college transfer averaged 20 points, 6.5 rebounds, five assists and two steals per game, helping lead Southeast to a pair of OVC home wins.
Hunter scored a career-high 21 points -- 16 in the second half -- dished out six assists, grabbed five rebounds, recorded two steals and blocked a shot during Saturday's 71-57 victory over Austin Peay.
Hunter then had 19 points, a career-high eight rebounds, four assists and two steals in Monday's 70-58 win over Murray State.
The New Zealand native shot 48.3 percent from the field in the two games while hitting 5 of 10 3-pointers. She also made all seven of her free throws.
Hunter is the first Southeast women's basketball player to earn OVC player of the week accolades since Sonya Daugherty took the award during the 2008-09 season.
Hunter is tied with senior guard Bailie Roberts for the team scoring lead at 10.7 points per game. Hunter leads the Redhawks with 57 assists and 23 steals.
-- From staff report