- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Bell City man dies in mobile home fire
BELL CITY, Mo. -- A Bell City man died from smoke inhalation when a mobile home caught fire late Sunday night.
The victim was identified as Rodney Bradshaw, 45.
According to Bell City Fire Chief David Scherer, a neighbor noticed the fire and alerted authorities shortly before midnight. Firefighters from Bell City and Advance, Mo., responded and were told there likely was a person inside. The mobile home was engulfed with flames coming through the roof and side windows.
Firefighters and investigators were on the scene until approximately 10:45 a.m.
The Missouri State Fire Marshal's Office was on the scene Monday morning to investigate, but a determination had not been made by Tuesday as to the cause of the fire.
According to Stoddard County Coroner Kenny Pope, an autopsy was performed Monday by Dr. Russell Deidiker, a Farmington, Mo., pathologist.
Bell City, MO