- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Cape Girardeau police report 1/9/13
The Cape Girardeau Police Department released the following items. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Demetius L. Straughter, 43, of Marion, Ill., was arrested on a Mississippi County, Mo., warrant for failure to appear for fraud.
* A suspect was in custody pending formal charges of stealing at Walmart, 3439 William St.
* Suspects were in custody pending formal charges of stealing at Menards, 535 Siemers St.
* A juvenile was cited into juvenile court on suspicion of being beyond parental control.
* A subject was in custody pending formal charges of stealing at Kidd's, 1325 Broadway.
* A subject was in custody pending formal charges of stealing a roofing nailer at Menards, 535 Siemers Drive.
* Lynetta T. Duff, 918 College St., was issued a summons for striking a parked vehicle.
* Collin J. Smith, no age given, of Pickneyville, Ill., was issued a summons for failure to stop at a steady red light.
* Domestic assault was reported.
* Burglary was reported at 1424 Whitener St.
* Burglary and the theft of an Xbox 360 were reported at 442 S. Spring Ave., Apt. B.
* Rhodes 101, 546 S. Sprigg St., reported fuel stolen.
* Walmart, 3439 William St., reported theft.
* Four organizations reported baby Jesus figures stolen from nativities at 1861 N. County Park Drive.
* Stealing and the fraudulent use of a credit/debit device were reported at 40 S. Sprigg St.
* Property damage was reported at 2812 Themis St.
* Unlawful use of a weapon was reported at 204 N. Pind Wood Lane.
* A 41-year-old man was taken into protective custody.
* Armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon were reported at 1444 Independence St.
* A 32-year-old man was taken into protective custody.