- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Four Jesus figures reported stolen from holiday displays
One Jesus apparently wasn't enough for thieves who swiped four from Cape Girardeau County Park Holiday of Lights displays, police reported Tuesday.
The county parks superintendent made a report to the Cape Girardeau Police Department on Tuesday that four Jesus figures had been stolen from various displays that adorned the park during the holiday season, said department spokesman Jason Selzer. The figures belonged to the Knights of Columbus Hall, the Monticello House in Jackson, Simply Swirled and Southside Baptist Church.
Selzer said they weren't sure when they were taken. Police had no suspects, he said.
1861 N. County Park Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO