- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Strattman to step down as principal at St. Mary (4/28/17)1
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
MLK Day - Make it a day on, not a day off!
Make it a day on, not a day off! Monday, January 21, is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Your American Red Cross will be participating in this Day of Service by educating our community about fire safety and preparedness. Did you know that home fires are America's biggest disaster threat? They make up more than 94% of the 70,000 disasters the Red Cross responds to each year. And unlike other disasters, most home fires can be prevented.
Volunteers will meet at the Red Cross office, 2430 Myra Dr., in Cape Girardeau at 10:00 am on MLK Day. They will be canvassing local neighborhoods passing out information about fire safety and prevention. Join us on the 21st as we make our neighborhoods safer and make this MLK Day a day on, not a day off!