- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Marble Hill man accused of beating, kidnapping woman (6/27/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)2
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Business notebook: Man's cheesecake whim becomes a full-time vocation (6/26/17)
MLK Day - Make it a day on, not a day off!
Make it a day on, not a day off! Monday, January 21, is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Your American Red Cross will be participating in this Day of Service by educating our community about fire safety and preparedness. Did you know that home fires are America's biggest disaster threat? They make up more than 94% of the 70,000 disasters the Red Cross responds to each year. And unlike other disasters, most home fires can be prevented.
Volunteers will meet at the Red Cross office, 2430 Myra Dr., in Cape Girardeau at 10:00 am on MLK Day. They will be canvassing local neighborhoods passing out information about fire safety and prevention. Join us on the 21st as we make our neighborhoods safer and make this MLK Day a day on, not a day off!