- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
MLK Day - Make it a day on, not a day off!
Make it a day on, not a day off! Monday, January 21, is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Your American Red Cross will be participating in this Day of Service by educating our community about fire safety and preparedness. Did you know that home fires are America's biggest disaster threat? They make up more than 94% of the 70,000 disasters the Red Cross responds to each year. And unlike other disasters, most home fires can be prevented.
Volunteers will meet at the Red Cross office, 2430 Myra Dr., in Cape Girardeau at 10:00 am on MLK Day. They will be canvassing local neighborhoods passing out information about fire safety and prevention. Join us on the 21st as we make our neighborhoods safer and make this MLK Day a day on, not a day off!