- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
MLK Day - Make it a day on, not a day off!
Make it a day on, not a day off! Monday, January 21, is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Your American Red Cross will be participating in this Day of Service by educating our community about fire safety and preparedness. Did you know that home fires are America's biggest disaster threat? They make up more than 94% of the 70,000 disasters the Red Cross responds to each year. And unlike other disasters, most home fires can be prevented.
Volunteers will meet at the Red Cross office, 2430 Myra Dr., in Cape Girardeau at 10:00 am on MLK Day. They will be canvassing local neighborhoods passing out information about fire safety and prevention. Join us on the 21st as we make our neighborhoods safer and make this MLK Day a day on, not a day off!