- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
MLK Day - Make it a day on, not a day off!
Make it a day on, not a day off! Monday, January 21, is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Your American Red Cross will be participating in this Day of Service by educating our community about fire safety and preparedness. Did you know that home fires are America's biggest disaster threat? They make up more than 94% of the 70,000 disasters the Red Cross responds to each year. And unlike other disasters, most home fires can be prevented.
Volunteers will meet at the Red Cross office, 2430 Myra Dr., in Cape Girardeau at 10:00 am on MLK Day. They will be canvassing local neighborhoods passing out information about fire safety and prevention. Join us on the 21st as we make our neighborhoods safer and make this MLK Day a day on, not a day off!