- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Nixon to give Mo. State of State speech Jan. 28
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon will deliver the annual State of the State address Jan. 28 to a joint session of the Missouri Legislature.
The governor's office said Monday the speech is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. in the House chamber. Nixon will lay out his proposed budget for the 2014 fiscal year that starts July 1 and discuss his policy proposals.
Nixon's speech will come two weeks after he is sworn in for a second term. Missouri lawmakers return Wednesday to the state Capitol to begin their annual session.