- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
BB gun suspected cause of broken windows in Cape
The windows of five vehicles that were damaged Saturday night and early Sunday morning in Cape Girardeau are believed to have been the work of someone wielding a BB gun.
According to Cape Girardeau Police Department spokesman Sgt. Jason Selzer, windows were broken in vehicles parked in the 700, 800 and 900 blocks of South Ellis Street, the 800 block of South Pacific Street and the 1100 block of South Sprigg Street. Police suspect that someone with a BB gun drove alongside the vehicles and fired at the windows because BBs were found in each of the vehicles. Selzer said there were no witnesses to the damage and there were no suspects as of Monday.
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call 335-6621.
700 S. Ellis St., Cape Girardeau, Mo.
800 S. Pacific St., Cape Girardeau, Mo.
1100 S. Sprigg St., Cape Girardeau, Mo.