- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)9
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)57
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- City wants to put hold on shipping container houses for now (4/17/17)1
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Phyllis J. Riegert, 71 of Delta passed away Saturday, Jan. 5, 2013, at the family home.
She was born April 23, 1941, in Delta to the late Robert Leonard and Orpha Mary Dysinger Brown Sr.
Phyllis worked as a machine operator at Florsheim Shoe Factory in Chaffee, Mo. She retired as a caregiver at Regency Management in Cape Girardeau. She was a member of the First Baptist Church in Delta. She married Louis Riegert in 1963, and he preceded her in death June 4, 1980.
Survivors include two sons, Randy (Ginger) Riegert of Chaffee and Bobby Riegert of Scott City; five brothers, Dick (Odean) Brown, Danny (Carolyn) Brown and Ernest (Brenda) Brown of Jackson, Frankie (Pat) Brown of Perkins, Mo., and David (Kim) Brown of Springfield, Mo.; four sisters, Wanda Alvey of Fairmount City, Ill., Kathy Mouser of Wentzville, Mo., Linda Allmon of Jackson and Donna (Steve) McClard of Delta.
She was preceded in death by one sister.
Friends may call from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
A graveside service will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at Kenyon Cemetery near Delta, with the Rev. Eric Hodge officiating.