- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- A shot at a Harley: Man's basketball feat at Southeast game wins new motorcycle (2/27/17)
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)13
- Singer Neal Boyd says he faces physical therapy after Jan. 22 traffic accident (2/27/17)
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
Phyllis J. Riegert, 71 of Delta passed away Saturday, Jan. 5, 2013, at the family home.
She was born April 23, 1941, in Delta to the late Robert Leonard and Orpha Mary Dysinger Brown Sr.
Phyllis worked as a machine operator at Florsheim Shoe Factory in Chaffee, Mo. She retired as a caregiver at Regency Management in Cape Girardeau. She was a member of the First Baptist Church in Delta. She married Louis Riegert in 1963, and he preceded her in death June 4, 1980.
Survivors include two sons, Randy (Ginger) Riegert of Chaffee and Bobby Riegert of Scott City; five brothers, Dick (Odean) Brown, Danny (Carolyn) Brown and Ernest (Brenda) Brown of Jackson, Frankie (Pat) Brown of Perkins, Mo., and David (Kim) Brown of Springfield, Mo.; four sisters, Wanda Alvey of Fairmount City, Ill., Kathy Mouser of Wentzville, Mo., Linda Allmon of Jackson and Donna (Steve) McClard of Delta.
She was preceded in death by one sister.
Friends may call from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
A graveside service will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at Kenyon Cemetery near Delta, with the Rev. Eric Hodge officiating.