- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
People on the Move 1/7/13
Stephens named assistant to the president at SEMO
Nathan Stephens was named assistant to the president for equity and diversity issues at Southeast Missouri State University. His responsibilities include helping the university appreciate diversity, tolerance and respect for the rights of all people. Stephens previously worked for University of Missouri-Columbia and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Missouri. Stephens earned a bachelor's degree in social work from Columbia College and a master's degree in social work with an administrative emphasis from the University of Missouri-Columbia.
Grechus and Sippo named to Mineral Area board
Dr. John Grechus of Ladies First OB/GYN and Pediatric Services, of Farmington, Mo., and Dr. Bill Sippo, surgeon and critical care physician were named to the Mineral Area Regional Medical Center board of trustees. Grechus has served as director for the Pregnancy Resource Center and chief of staff at Mineral Area. Sippo served as department of surgery chair, medical director and member of the hospital quality assurance committee. For more information, go online to mineralarearegional.com.