- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man charged with assault after incident at Cape bar (06/24/16)1
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Speak Out 1/7/13
Right to work
Missouri will not become a right-to-work state because we have a Democrat governor controlled by the unions. Michigan and Indiana have passed it, and now jobs and businesses are flocking to those states. We need right-to-work in Missouri.
I am hearing more about Obamacare that frightens me to death. Anybody who thinks Obama is for the common people are crazy as dirt.
If the Cape County Commissioners can't live within their budget, they shouldn't try to bust the budget I'm living in. Don't blame me for your overspending.
This is for a lady who two nights ago threw a puppy out in West Lane in Jackson. We have a dog now. My daughter picked it up. It's a Chihuahua mix with rat terrier. It would have frozen to death. If I was still in law enforcement, I would have followed you and arrested you. There is no sense of treating an animal that way.
I wish politicians would take into consideration all the people they represent, not just certain groups like recreational, dog parks and other projects. Who decided $6 million worth of land from Southeast to develop? Can't businesses buy their own land any more? Our city officials are looking for ways to spend casino money. Why not pay off the water center to make water bills go down for all citizens? Then use it for park improvement and upkeep. Ameren's going to raise their rates so where does it end? The taxes and casino money should be used to help citizens to afford to live in Cape Girardeau.
Where there's smoke
Do the people who burn leaves and smoke from fireplaces and tobacco ever consider that their neighbors might not enjoy having their houses and cars smell like smoke? Is it only for their self-gratification? Thank you.
Loud and stupid
As of today the FCC is putting a ban on loud commercial ads on TV. If they could only ban the stupid ones.
Since the city is doing so well with casino money, how about giving the city workers a much needed and overdue pay raise?
Limbaugh for Congress
I was thinking since Emerson is leaving office, maybe someone like David Limbaugh should run for the job. He's always quite opinionated on what should be done in Washington. He should step up and do it instead of just talking about it.