- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Ponder appointed to Missouri Board of Curators
Gov. Jay Nixon on Friday appointed lawyer J. Michael Ponder of Cape Girardeau to the University of Missouri Board of Curators. The board oversees operation of a four-campus system.
Ponder is a graduate of the University of Missouri School of Law and Central Methodist University in Fayette, Mo.
He has worked as a partner with the law firm of Cook, Barkett, Ponder and Wolz. He is active with the Cape Girardeau Area Chamber of Commerce, United Way of Southeast Missouri and Cape Riverfront Market Steering Committee and has served on the State Board of Education.
Ponder's appointment is pending Missouri Senate approval. His term will run through January 2019.