- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Three arrested, including juvenile, on robbery charges
Two adults and a juvenile who were taken into custody from a house surrounded by police Wednesday were charged with armed robbery Thursday, police said.
Jessica D. Davis, 19, and Shalayla Q. Lowe, 18, of Cape Girardeau, were charged with first-degree robbery and armed criminal action, and both were being held on $100,000 cash-only bonds, said department spokesman Darin Hickey. A 16-year-old girl was turned over to juvenile authorities, Hickey said.
The arrests stem from an investigation into a robbery that reportedly took place on Alliance Bank's North Kingshighway parking lot. The victim told police that women she knew got out of a car, beat her and took her money. Four suspects were taken into custody after police tracked the women to a house near the corner of William and Benton streets, but one was wanted on a misdemeanor city warrant.
900 William Street, Cape Girardeau, Mo.