- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Lela H. Rubel, 93, of Egypt Mills died Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 21, 1919, in Cape Girardeau, to John and Esther Cobble Engelmann. She and Edwin Walter Rubel were married April 27, 1941, in Egypt Mills, and spent their lives together operating the family farm. He died Jan. 27, 1979.
Lela graduated from Brooks School in Cape Girardeau. She was an active member of Trinity Lutheran Church at Egypt Mills where she served in the Ladies Aid. She also enjoyed gardening, quilting, dancing, cooking and life on the farm.
Her two grandsons were the light of her life.
Survivors include a son, Harold E. (Patty) Rubel; a special sister-in-law, Marie Rubel of Cape Girardeau; two grandsons, Joey E. Rubel (fiancee Pam) and Hunter T. Rubel of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 9 a.m. to time of service Saturday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Rodger Rice officiating. Burial will be in Trinity Lutheran Church Cemetery in Egypt Mills.
Memorial contributions may be given to Trinity Lutheran Church Cemetery Fund of Egypt Mills or Lutheran Home Hospice.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.