- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Patricia Ann Blankenship, 65, of Scott City died Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 8, 1947, in Kelso, Mo., to Theon Frank "Mouse" and Marie Bertha Schoen Schaefer. She married Roy Wayne Blankenship on Jan. 18, 1964, in Jackson.
Patricia was a cook for Scott City and St. Joseph Schools.
She is survived by her husband; a son, Buddy Blankenship of Scott City; two daughters, Sondra (Michael) Brunke and Teresa Pool of Jacksonville, Fla.; three brothers, Vernon and Mike (Lisa) Schaefer of Scott City and Gilbert (Bonnie) Schaefer of Holts Summit, Mo.; three sisters, Dorene Hamm of Fruitland, Mary Fowler of Scott City and Sharon (Karl) Knight of Neosho, Mo.; four grandchildren, Collin Brunke, Channah, Macyra and Abigail Pool; and a great-granddaughter, Taylor Vinyard.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and a grandchild.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today and from 9 a.m. until time of service Saturday at Cornerstone Wesleyan Church in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Kevin Ropp officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Memorial Cemetery.