- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Ruby and Willard Phillips
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Ruby Phillips, 83, of Chaffee passed away Sunday, Dec. 30, 2012, at Chaffee Nursing Center. Her husband, Willard "Shorty" Phillips, 89, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
Ruby was born Dec. 3, 1929, in Tyronza, Ark., to Oscar and Nina Robertson Sr. Willard was born July 10, 1923, in Bragg City, Mo., to Ethridge and Ola Price Phillips. They were married May 25, 1948.
Willard was a veteran of the United States Army Air Corps and served in World War II.
Shorty was owner and operator of Phillips TV and Radio in Chaffee, and was a self-employed commercial pilot and flight instructor. They were both members of First United Methodist Church in Chaffee.
Survivors include two daughters, Phyllis (Ronnie) Eifert and Judy (Elvis) Abernathy of Chaffee; four grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren. Ruby also is survived by a brother, Oscar Robertson Jr. of Jackson, Tenn.; and a half brother, George (Ladina) Robertson of Lake Placid, Fla.
She was preceded in death by a brother, Jimmie Robertson; and a half sister, Alice Freeman.
There is no visitation.
A graveside service will be at 3 p.m. Saturday at Union Park Cemetery, with the Rev. Gwen Streeter officiating.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee is in charge of arrangements.