- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape man accused of secretly recording women, posting to porn site (11/22/17)
- Thankful People: Kirsten Strebe recovers from traumatic car accident, brain injury (11/23/17)
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- Thankful People: Moore family counts its blessing after harrowing accident (11/23/17)
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Deal Finder brings 'unique' shopping to Cape Girardeau (11/24/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
Toybox support appreciated
Christmas Day has come and gone and, with the hustle and bustle settling down, I would like to take the opportunity to thank all of those involved in making the Jaycee Christmas projects successful. A special thank you to the River City Rodders for their continued support and Notre Dame Regional High School and the schools of Cape Girardeau for their efforts in raising money and donations.
Delivery night was a success in part due to the help of Domino's Pizza, Schnucks, Kidds, River Eagle and Bluff City Beer. For their continued involvement in efforts to raise money for the projects, we thank Bi-state Oil, Amerimart and Rhodes 101 stores. A special thank you to Mark Frazier, from West Park Mall and Jeff Maurer for helping us secure a location and storage. Additionally, the Jaycees are fortunate to have the Salvation Army and the Southeast Missourian partnership in our efforts year after year. The publicity provided by the Southeast Missourian, as well as KFVS, this year gave the organization the ability to spread the word to the community, who met and surpassed our expectations in servicing the old and young in our community. Finally, a special thank you to Charter Communications for its generosity and commitment to the Toybox project this holiday season.
Despite all of this, we could not do what we do without the support of the community. Thank you for 39 years of delivering joy to others during the Christmas season.
TRACY HAGGERTY, Cape Girardeau