- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)5
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
SEMO vs. Murray
As far as local rivalries go, basketball between Southeast Missouri State and Murray State is a local favorite. The men's basketball teams meet Saturday at the Show Me Center in what should be a fun game.
Southeast was 9-6 overall and 1-0 in conference play going into last night's contest with Austin Peay. Murray was scheduled to kick off its conference schedule last night at UT Martin. The Racers, which have had several impressive seasons in recent years, were 9-3 overall going into that game.
Saturday's game, which begins at 5 p.m., will be broadcast on ESPNU. But we encourage you to attend if you can. With Southeast students still on break, it's even more important for local fans to pack the house.
Before the men's game, the Southeast women's basketball team will play Austin Peay. And at 6:30 p.m. Monday, the women will host Murray at the Show Me Center.
As of noon Thursday, about 3,000 tickets had been sold for Saturday's games. Tickets sold are good for the women's and men's contests.
Tickets may be purchased at the Redhawks ticket office located 1221 Broadway, by calling 651-2113 or ordering online at gosoutheast.com.