- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
SEMO vs. Murray
As far as local rivalries go, basketball between Southeast Missouri State and Murray State is a local favorite. The men's basketball teams meet Saturday at the Show Me Center in what should be a fun game.
Southeast was 9-6 overall and 1-0 in conference play going into last night's contest with Austin Peay. Murray was scheduled to kick off its conference schedule last night at UT Martin. The Racers, which have had several impressive seasons in recent years, were 9-3 overall going into that game.
Saturday's game, which begins at 5 p.m., will be broadcast on ESPNU. But we encourage you to attend if you can. With Southeast students still on break, it's even more important for local fans to pack the house.
Before the men's game, the Southeast women's basketball team will play Austin Peay. And at 6:30 p.m. Monday, the women will host Murray at the Show Me Center.
As of noon Thursday, about 3,000 tickets had been sold for Saturday's games. Tickets sold are good for the women's and men's contests.
Tickets may be purchased at the Redhawks ticket office located 1221 Broadway, by calling 651-2113 or ordering online at gosoutheast.com.