- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
SEMO vs. Murray
As far as local rivalries go, basketball between Southeast Missouri State and Murray State is a local favorite. The men's basketball teams meet Saturday at the Show Me Center in what should be a fun game.
Southeast was 9-6 overall and 1-0 in conference play going into last night's contest with Austin Peay. Murray was scheduled to kick off its conference schedule last night at UT Martin. The Racers, which have had several impressive seasons in recent years, were 9-3 overall going into that game.
Saturday's game, which begins at 5 p.m., will be broadcast on ESPNU. But we encourage you to attend if you can. With Southeast students still on break, it's even more important for local fans to pack the house.
Before the men's game, the Southeast women's basketball team will play Austin Peay. And at 6:30 p.m. Monday, the women will host Murray at the Show Me Center.
As of noon Thursday, about 3,000 tickets had been sold for Saturday's games. Tickets sold are good for the women's and men's contests.
Tickets may be purchased at the Redhawks ticket office located 1221 Broadway, by calling 651-2113 or ordering online at gosoutheast.com.