- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Police mum about accident that blocked Interstate 55
Police weren't releasing details late Thursday about a morning wreck that blocked traffic on Interstate 55 near the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
Inquiries to Cape Girardeau police and the Missouri State Highway Patrol about the accident were directed to the Scott City Police Department, the agency that investigated the accident. But Scott City police said Thursday afternoon that a report wouldn't be ready until today, and no details would be released until then.
The accident, which happened during the morning commute before 8 a.m., blocked traffic on the interstate.
Cape Girardeau Regional Airport, Cape Girardeau, Mo.